Barge Operations Completed
July 1, 2017
Edge-On-Hudson crossed another milestone with the completion of barge fill operations for the project. Nearly half of all fill for the development was supplied by barge, saving hundreds of truck trips through Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, for each barge delivery received. With fill operations nearing completion, the final barge delivery was accepted in late June and the spud barge receiving dock will be removed during the the first two weeks of July.
Additional work in the first several weeks of July will include:
- Relocation of the pedestrian sidewalk on the Beekman Avenue Bridge to the north side of the bridge, in preparation for demolition of the southern side of the old bridge later in summer
- Car traffic will be temporarily rerouted to the southern half of the bridge during the second week of July to accommodate ConEd work at the bridge
- The second week of July will also include pressure testing of the new sanitary water pipes at the roundabout
- Phase 1 road surcharge removal will continue, in preparation for road construction
June Community Events at Edge-On-Hudson
June 13, 2017
Edge-On-Hudson is pleased to support two upcoming community events in June, each benefiting a great cause. Come out and join us!
- On Saturday, June 17th the “Horseman Color Me Mud Run” is scheduled at Kingsland Point Park, to benefit The Foundation for the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns. All parking for the event will be located at Edge-On-Hudson. Please be mindful of cars and pedestrians (including children!) entering the Edge-On-Hudson lot at the corner of Beekman Avenue and River Street on Saturday morning, and departing Saturday afternoon. On-site registration begins at 7:30am and closes at 9:15am. Details are available at: http://www.horsemancolorrun.myevent.com/
- On Sunday, June 25th, The Sleepy Hollow Sprint Triathlon, Presented by Edge-On-Hudson, is scheduled to begin at 8:00am. Race packet pick-up is from 6:30am to 7:30am. All parking for the event is in the Edge-On-Hudson lot, and the race course traverses Edge-On-Hudson, as well. Proceeds from this 9th Annual edition of the Sleepy Hollow Sprint Triathlon benefit Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley. There’s still time to register (though there is no race-day registration), so come out to compete for a great cause, or join us at Edge-On-Hudson and Kingsland Point Park to cheer on the participants. Learn more at: http://sleepyhollowtriathlon.com/
Lower Beekman Avenue Construction
May 30, 2017
Memorial Day Weekend is behind us and the summer construction season brings continued improvements to the Edge-On-Hudson site:
- Grading for the new roundabout continues at the site entrance (see photo below) and sidewalks along the lower portion of Beekman Avenue are closed to allow for related work
- Selected areas of the site will begin road surcharge removal
- Water main installation continues
December 19, 2016
We’re so pleased to look back on a year of progress – from the groundbreaking in June to the launch of barge deliveries for fill, slab demolition, and the start of utility work – and we’re looking ahead to a successful 2017.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Edge-On-Hudson and best wishes for a wonderful new year.
December 9, 2016
Several milestones have been reached as work at Edge-On-Hudson proceeds in December:
- Utility installation (electric and stormwater) is now underway
- Construction of pubic roads on property begins in December
- Slab demolition continues
- Fill delivery by barge and truck continues
Happy Holidays to all!
Holiday Lighting of the 1883 Lighthouse at Sleepy Hollow
November 16, 2016
A brand new event will light up the holiday season in Sleepy Hollow this year. It’s the 1st Annual Holiday Lighting of the 1883 Lighthouse at Sleepy Hollow, scheduled for Saturday, December 3rd, with the lighthouse open for visitors starting at 3:30pm and the lighting ceremony at 4:00pm. Rain date: Dec. 4.
The lighthouse will be festively decorated with colored LED lights, the Heartfelt Quartet will perform Holiday carols, free hot cider and donuts will be available, and Santa himself will make an appearance. Admission and parking are free, as the event is underwritten with support from Edge-On-Hudson. Visitors are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for donation to the holiday toy drives of The Open Door Family Medical Centers and the RSHM Life Center of Sleepy Hollow (toys for newborns through age 14 most appreciated).
- Holiday Carols by the Heartfelt Quartet
- Children meet Santa
- Hot cider and donuts
- Free admission
- Dress warmly for this outdoor event!
Free parking at Edge-On-Hudson. Enter at main gate (199 Beekman Avenue at intersection of Beekman Avenue and River Street in Sleepy Hollow) and walk or drive to the lighthouse.
August 24, 2016
Construction on site at Edge-On-Hudson during the weeks of 8/22 and 8/29 will include:
- Delivery of fill material by truck, expected completion of first round by Monday 8/29
- Ongoing slab demolition
- Installation of Wick Drains (including pre-drilling and drain insert)
Beekman Avenue Traffic Signals
April 11, 2016
Construction on Beekman Avenue during the week of April 11th includes:
- Installation of temporary traffic signal lights
- Installation of additional traffic signal poles