December 19, 2016
We’re so pleased to look back on a year of progress – from the groundbreaking in June to the launch of barge deliveries for fill, slab demolition, and the start of utility work – and we’re looking ahead to a successful 2017.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Edge-On-Hudson and best wishes for a wonderful new year.
December 9, 2016
Several milestones have been reached as work at Edge-On-Hudson proceeds in December:
- Utility installation (electric and stormwater) is now underway
- Construction of pubic roads on property begins in December
- Slab demolition continues
- Fill delivery by barge and truck continues
Happy Holidays to all!
Holiday Lighting of the 1883 Lighthouse at Sleepy Hollow
November 16, 2016
A brand new event will light up the holiday season in Sleepy Hollow this year. It’s the 1st Annual Holiday Lighting of the 1883 Lighthouse at Sleepy Hollow, scheduled for Saturday, December 3rd, with the lighthouse open for visitors starting at 3:30pm and the lighting ceremony at 4:00pm. Rain date: Dec. 4.
The lighthouse will be festively decorated with colored LED lights, the Heartfelt Quartet will perform Holiday carols, free hot cider and donuts will be available, and Santa himself will make an appearance. Admission and parking are free, as the event is underwritten with support from Edge-On-Hudson. Visitors are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for donation to the holiday toy drives of The Open Door Family Medical Centers and the RSHM Life Center of Sleepy Hollow (toys for newborns through age 14 most appreciated).
- Holiday Carols by the Heartfelt Quartet
- Children meet Santa
- Hot cider and donuts
- Free admission
- Dress warmly for this outdoor event!
Free parking at Edge-On-Hudson. Enter at main gate (199 Beekman Avenue at intersection of Beekman Avenue and River Street in Sleepy Hollow) and walk or drive to the lighthouse.
August 24, 2016
Construction on site at Edge-On-Hudson during the weeks of 8/22 and 8/29 will include:
- Delivery of fill material by truck, expected completion of first round by Monday 8/29
- Ongoing slab demolition
- Installation of Wick Drains (including pre-drilling and drain insert)
Beekman Avenue Traffic Signals
April 11, 2016
Construction on Beekman Avenue during the week of April 11th includes:
- Installation of temporary traffic signal lights
- Installation of additional traffic signal poles